Swedish Potato SausageFrom lillyann 7 years ago
- 6 pounds beef (not too lean) shopping list
- 5 pounds potatoes (No.10 can Irish whole potatoes with liquid drained) shopping list
- 4 ½ pounds pork (not too lean) shopping list
- 2 large onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 ½ ounce of salt (or 5 Tablespoons) shopping list
- ½ ounce black pepper (or 1 Tablespoon) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut beef and pork into medium size chunks. (It should not be too lean because the fat in it soaks up the potato starch). Leave potatoes whole.
- Put these ingredients in a large pan. Then add seasoning and mix. Add onions and mix. Then grind everything at once in a meat grinder. Stuff in casings (or make in patties or use as a meat loaf - very good!)
- Leo says that he puts the sausage in a skillet with water to cover, brings it to a boil, and then turns the heat to a simmer and covers it. The sausage will be cooked after 20 minutes of simmering.
- Note: This sausage may be served fried, baked, or broiled. When kept in refrigerator, sausage should be placed in container and covered with water.