Strawberry CrepesFrom lillyann 8 years ago
- 16 ounces strawberries or berries, a mixture of wild (black berries, blue berries, raspberries and strawberries) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 2 cups whipping cream or Cool Whip shopping list
- 1 cup flour, used unbleached shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oil, not olive shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- cooking spray (pam) shopping list
- chocolate syrup (optional) or chocolate shavings (optional) shopping list
- almonds, sliced toasted (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Hull, rinse and slice strawberries into a bowl.
- Add brown sugar and toss until well coated; set aside.
- In a separate bowl whip whipping cream and refrigerate.
- In a medium bowl whisk all ingredients together until there are no more lumps.
- Over medium heat, heat crepe pan or non-stick frying pan.
- When heated remove from heat and spray with cooking oil.
- Pour a 1/3 cup of the batter in the pan. Quickly lift pan and tilt and turn until batter evenly covers the bottom.
- Cook over medium heat for 30 - 45 seconds until the edges are dry enough to get a spatula under to flip.
- Cook for another 30 seconds on the other side.
- Should not be totally browned.
- Remove from pan onto a plate.
- Spray pan with cooking spray and repeat for the rest of the batter.
- Stack crepes with wax paper between so they can be easily separated.
- Crepes can be made ahead of time.
- Can also be frozen wrap first in wax paper then put into plastic bag and then foil.
- They stay moist if this is done when still slightly warm.
- Down the middle 1/3 of the crepe spread one or 2 heaping spoons of whipped cream (about 2-3" wide).
- On top of the whipped cream spoon some of the berry sugar mixture.
- Fold one side of the crepe over the mixture and then the other side over first side.
- Top with a spoon of berry sugar mixture, whipped cream. Drizzle chocolate syrup or sprinkle shaved chocolate and sliced almond optional.
The Cooklillyann Chicago, IL
The Rating7 people
this is amazing i used 4 my cooking assesmentr and got top marks thanks!!!namwol in loved it
I tried this one out for breakfast yesterday, and it turned out great! Thanks for this contribution.seajay2525 in Omaha loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!