The Yummy ChickenFrom holly1368 7 years ago
- 4 chicken breasts cut into bite sized cubes shopping list
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 2 tsps fresh thyme or 1tsp ground shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 3/4 of a box of pasta (ie. penne,castellane,bowties,work well) shopping list
- 2 medium carrots grated shopping list
- 1 16oz pkg. of frozen brocolli florets shopping list
- 3-6 cloves of garlic minced (I like a lot of garlic in this recipe) shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock (homemade is best but use what you have :) shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 6 fresh basil leaves torn shopping list
How to make it
- Put 4 quarts of water on to boil in your favorite pasta pot, when the water boils add pasta and cook according to package directions. Then drain.
- While the pasta is cooking:
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika,onion powder,thyme,salt and pepper,evenly coating all sides.(I don't measure when I cook,so the measurements for the spices are approximate if you need a little more then go for it)
- In a deep fry pan saute half chicken in the olive oil until golden brown and no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from the pan and drain on paper towels. Saute the rest of the chicken and drain.
- Add a little more olive oil if needed and cook carrots for 4 minutes.
- Add brocolli and garlic and cook 2 minutes. Stirring to coat the broccolli with the garlic.
- Stir in the stock scraping up all the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the parmesan cheese and basil. Stir.
- Return the chicken to the pan and simmer 6 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and toss.
- At this point I will serve my kids and to the remaining pasta I will toss in hot pepper flakes to taste for my husband and myself. Gives the dish a nice kick.
- Enjoy with some nice crusty bread warmed in the oven.
The Cookholly1368 Plymouth, CT
The Rating1 people
I made it with onions, corn, and green peas since I didn't have broccoli and carrots, and it still tasted yummy! I like the flavor, it didn't bother my sensitive stomach, and it was low fat too!heyoliver in Butler loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!