Carrot Egg or CoffeeFrom ambus 8 years ago
- A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved a new one arose. shopping list
- Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water. In the first, she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs and the last she placed ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil without saying a word. shopping list
- In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl. Turning to her daughter, she asked, "Tell me what do you see?" shopping list
- "carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied. shopping list
- She brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they got soft.She then asked her to take an egg and break it. shopping list
- After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg. shopping list
- Finally, she asked her to sip the coffee. The daughter smiled, as she tasted its rich aroma. The daughter then asked. "What's the point, mother?" shopping list
- Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity--boiling water--but each reacted differently. shopping list
- The carrot went in strong, hard and unrelenting. However after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior. But, after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became hardened. shopping list
- The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water they had changed the water. shopping list
- "Which are you?" she asked her daughter. "When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?" shopping list
How to make it
- Think of this: Which am I?
- Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity, do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?
- Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened and stiff?
- Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and a hardened heart?
- Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and change the situation around you.
- When the hours are the darkest and trials are their greatest do you elevate to another level?
- How do you handle Adversity? ARE YOU A CARROT, AN EGG, OR A COFFEE BEAN?
- Don't tell GOD how big your storm is. Tell the storm how big your GOD is!
The Cookambus Lahore, PK
The Rating4 people
Very Very nice. Thanks for sharing, dear.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
That was such a perfect example. I love it and no. 8. I try to be the coffee. Thanks.gapeach55 in Covington loved it