Smoked Sausage And Ginger ShrimpFrom saltymike 9 years ago
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, 20-30 count, peeled and de-veined shopping list
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 bell pepper, coarsely chopped (red, green or yellow works well) shopping list
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp Kikoman™ soy sauce shopping list
- ½ cup chicken stock shopping list
- ½ cup orange juice shopping list
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- ginger root to taste, peeled and finely grated shopping list
- salt and black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Coat shrimp with 2 Tbsp olive oil. Season the shrimp with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle freshly ground ginger root over the shrimp. Set shrimp aside while preparing other ingredients.
- Place a heavy wok over medium heat. When wok is hot, add ½ cup olive oil and allow oil to reach temperature.
- Add sliced sausage, chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, sugar and soy sauce to the pot Season with salt and black pepper. Stir fry until veggies are tender.
- Add coated shrimp to pot and stir fry until shrimp begin to turn pink
- Add chicken stock to the pot and bring to boil.
- Make a paste of the cornstarch and orange juice.
- Add cornstarch paste to pot, return to boil and allow sauce to thicken.
- Serve with rice or potatoes.