White Chocolate MousseFrom cmon68 5 years ago
- 9 ounces white chocolate shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 11/2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 egg whites at room temperature shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice shopping list
- chocolate covered coffee beans for decoration(optional). shopping list
How to make it
- Set a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water(or use double boiler) Melt the chocolate.
- Scald the milk in a small sauce pan.
- Remove bowl of chocolate from the heat and whisk in the warm milk until smooth then allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl whip the cream with the vanilla until soft peaks form. Refrigerate until needed.
- Using an electric mixer and a clean bowl, beat the egg whites with the salt and the lemon.(DO NOT OVER BEAT or mousse will be grainy)
- Fold into the chocolate mixture.
- GENTLY fold the chocolate egg white mixture into the vanilla flavored whip ped cream.
- Transfer to pretty glasses, cover then refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Decorate with coffee beans if desired.
The Cookcmon68 Windsor, CT
- Not added to any groups yet!