Mexican Stuffed ShellsFrom newfiegirl 7 years ago
- 12-18 large pasta shells, cooked shopping list
- 1 lb ground beef shopping list
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning, shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, divided shopping list
- 1 cup grated cheese, divided (jalapeno Monterey Jack is especially good, but cheddar will work well too.) shopping list
- 750 ml tomato sauce shopping list
- chili powder, to taste shopping list
- green onions, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add seasoning, water,onion, and 1/2 cup of salsa and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Mix together reamining salsa, tomato sauce,and chili powder.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking pan.
- Fill each shell with the ground beef mixture and place in pan.
- Pour remaining sauce on top. Sprinkle on the rest of the cheese on top and garnish with green onion. Cover and freeze at this point.
- Defrost overnight and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. (Cook from frozen for 2 hours at 300 degrees.).
- If desired sprinkle additional cheese on top after baking and return to oven for 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
People Who Like This Dish 54
The Cooknewfiegirl Conception Bay South, CA
The Rating6 people
This is WONDERFUL... and easy.. Thanks...linebb956 in La Feria loved it
I like the make ahead freeze tip. We love mexican and stuffed pasta is a favorite. The best of two worlds.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
cant wait to try it1hsifder in Destin loved it