Cinnamon Pecan RollsFrom possumqueen 6 years ago
- 1 package of active dry yeast shopping list
- 1/4 cup of warm water shopping list
- 2 cups of hot milk (not boiling) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup and 3 tablespoons of butter, softened and divided shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 5 1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup, divided shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, divided shopping list
- 2 cups pecan halves, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir together hot milk, 1/4 cup sugar, salt, and 3 tablespoons of butter until mixture is cool. Stir in yeast mixture then add egg. Gradually stir in flour until a soft dough has formed. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, for about 5 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl, turn dough over coat dough with grease. Cover and let rise in warm place until dough has doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Punch dough down then turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently for about 1 - 2 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes. Roll out dough into 18x12-inch rectangle. Spread dough evenly with 1/4 cup of butter. Combine ¼ cup of sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle evenly on top of buttered dough. Roll dough like a jelly roll from long end. Cut into 1-inch slices.
- Melt remaining 3/4 cup butter and divide between two 13x9-inch pans. In a small bowl mix corn syrup, brown sugar, and heavy cream; divide between the two pans and gently stir to spread the mixture. Spread evenly 1 cup of pecans to each pan. Place rolls in pans, cut side down. Cover and let rolls rise in a warm place until rolls have doubled in size.
- Bake at 375° for 30 – 35 minutes. Immediately invert pan onto a heat-proof plate or tray. Let pan sit for 3 minutes before removing.