Southern Peach-Almond CrispFrom dariana 9 years ago
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup rolled oats shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes) shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds shopping list
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 8 medium peaches, peeled and sliced (8 cups) shopping list
- 1/4 cup peach nectar or orange juice shopping list
- vanilla ice cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. For topping, stir together brown sugar, rolled oats, 1/2 cup of the flour, and the 3 tablespoons granulated sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in almonds.
- For filling, stir together remaining flour, the 1/3 cup granulated sugar, the cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in a large mixing bowl. Add the peach slices and peach nectar or orange juice. Toss gently to coat.
- Transfer filling to an ungreased 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle topping over the filling. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until fruit slices are tender and the topping is golden. Serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream.
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating3 people
Borinda, I can hadrly wait for all the fresh fruits, I am a huge fruity, lol.dariana in loved it
I made this for a picnic yesterday and all you could hear were spoons scraping bowls and "yumm" sounds! It was a big hit--thanks for posting it.
--SusiQsusiq in Newark loved it
This continues to be a favorite!!! Thanks for posting!susiq in Newark loved it