Chicken Chow MeinFrom watson2167 7 years ago
- 1 pound mung bean sprouts shopping list
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce shopping list
- salt and black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 cornstarch (mix in water) shopping list
- 1/4 low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 pound dry wonton noodles shopping list
- 2 medium celery medium sliced shopping list
- 1/2 white onion medium sliced shopping list
- 2 cups cabbage meduim sliced shopping list
- 1 green onion (scallion, spring onion) long sliced shopping list
- 2 glove garlic chopped shopping list
- 4 tbsp of sesame oil shopping list
- ** snowpeas and mushroom can be use if desire shopping list
How to make it
- One or 2 hours before cooking, rinse the mung bean sprouts so that they have time to drain thoroughly.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips and set aside.
- Soften the noodles by placing them in boiling salted water. Plunge into cold water to stop the cooking process and drain thoroughly.
- Heat a wok or frying pan over medium-high to high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add noodles. Fry in batches until golden. Remove the noodles from the pan.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok. Add garlic and meat. Let the meat brown briefly, then stir-fry until the redness is gone and the meat is nearly cooked through.
- Add the rest of the vegetables (except for the green onion), chicken broth mix well for 2-3 mintues.
- Making a "well" in the middle of the wok for the sauce. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, pepper, cornstarch and quickly stir and mix everything together. Stir in noodle and green onions.
- Place on serving plate and it ready to serve..Best serve hot.