Italian Steak and PastaFrom jocky 8 years ago
- A drizzle of olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion (finely chopped) shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic shopping list
- large tablespoon of oregano or mixed herbs shopping list
- 2 large rump steaks (chopped up really small into 1cm chunks) shopping list
- 1 aubergine (chopped into chunks) shopping list
- 2 Tins of chopped tomatos 400g each can shopping list
- Big glug of red wine shopping list
- parmesan cheese (big handful) shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 500g macaroni pasta shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Drizzle a cheeky splodge of olive oil into a rustic pan.
- 2. Fry your onion and garlic till the aroma smells of a Italian restaurant (about 3 mins). Yuuuuum !.
- 3. Add your chopped aubergine and turn up to high heat till aubergine gets cooked.
- 4. In another pan start frying your rump steak till browned and nice n' juicy. Add the aubergine, onion and garlic and give a stir. Put your soul into it.
- 5. Add the tomatoes, red wine and herbs and simmer.
- 6. Meanwhile, put your macaroni on and cook nicely please.
- When all cooked you then take the macaroni of the heat and drain. Add the egg and parmesan together and beat with plunging motions. Add this mix into the macaroni (it will cook..watch it... its wicked !)
- 7. Add the macaroni to the steak and mix together. Serve on warm plates with basil, warm bread and some Merlot or Pinotage. Sprinkle parmesan ontop.
- This is a recipe that I have tweaked over the years to maximise flavour. Enjoy, my friends !
The Cookjocky London, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!