Cream of Carrot White Bean and Pear SoupFrom nlo209 5 years ago
- 2 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks (white and pale green parts) shopping list
- 2 cups (or more) water shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced peeled carrots shopping list
- 1 15 to 16 oz. can great northern beans, drained shopping list
- 1 cup coarsely chopped peeled pear shopping list
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary or 1 1/2 tsp. dried shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and saute until tender about 10 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water, carrots, beans, pear and rosemary; bring soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Puree soup in 2 batches in blender until smooth.
- Return to saucepan; mix in cream.
- Thin with additional water if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
The Cooknlo209 Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!