Corned Beef And CabbageFrom dixiediner 9 years ago
- 1 corned beef brisket, about 4 pounds shopping list
- 1 small bay leaf shopping list
- 6 peppercorns shopping list
- 1 pound carrots, or about 8 to 10, trimmed, scraped, and left whole shopping list
- 12 small whole onions, peeled shopping list
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled shopping list
- 1 medium head of cabbage, cut in wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Place meat in a deep stock pot or kettle; cover with water. Add bay leaf and peppercorns. Bring to a boil; skim off foam. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 3 hours. Add vegetables; simmer for about 45 minutes longer, or until vegetables and meat are tender. Serve corned beef surrounded with vegetables.
The Cookdixiediner MS
The Rating4 people
This is my FAVORITE MEAL St. Patty's Day or not! I make extra potatoes and corned beef for "hash" the next morning! We all love it! Thanks! Got my "5"!dottiet in Woodward loved it
I've all ways wondered on how to make this recipe.
Now I got the recipe.sandygalesmith in Saint Joseph loved it
Making this tonight! On the stove, at this moment. Great recipe! Happy Saint Patrick's Day!dancingfox in Butler loved it