Orangey Cranberry BreadFrom lor 9 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsps. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange zest shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter / margarine, softened at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- Note: The original recipe does not call for cinnamon or nutmeg but I find by adding a pinch of each it enhances the flavour. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in orange zest, cranberries, and pecans.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar, and egg until smooth.
- Stir in orange juice.
- Beat in flour mixture until just moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the bread springs back when lightly touched.
- Let stand 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Wrap in plastic when completely cool.
- Note: Sometimes I toss in a handful of well drained mandarine orange segments and use the juice from the tin.