Pea Ham and Potato SoupFrom leigh561 5 years ago
- 2 cups split peas shopping list
- 1 nice size ham bone with meat on it shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 6 cups Veggie stock shopping list
- 3 large potato's, peeled and chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- parsley (optional) shopping list
- sour cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Pick through peas, remove any stones
- Soak the peas as directed on the package
- Chop the onion, and soften in a little butter over a low heat
- Add the peas, potato's, stock and the ham bone
- Cook gently until the peas are soft - about an hour
- Remove the bone and strip off any meat.
- This should be cut into small dice and reserved.
- Puree the peas in a blender or with a stick blender
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add the reserved ham and serve with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of chopped parsley on top.