Rustic Fruit CupsFrom hooch 8 years ago
How to make it
- Make the chocolate cups first. Melt the compounded chocolate as directed on the packet. Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons of chocolate onto a 20 cm sheet of freezer plastic.
- Carefully lift the plastic and gently drop on the bench top several times. This will allow the chocolate to spread to the required disc shape as well as removing any air bubbles.
- Drape the chocolate-coated plastic over an inverted glass jar or cream bottle, allowing the chocolate to run down the sides. Leave to set over the jar or bottle.
- When set hard, carefully peel away the plastic. Repeat to make six to eight cups.
- Poach the fruit next. Place the red wine, water, sugar, cinammon stick and orange rind in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Peel the pears, cut in quarters and remove cores. Cut the peaches in half and remove the stones. Place the pears and peaches into the boiling liquid. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the fruit is tender but not soft. (The skin on the peaches should have peeled away.)
- Remove the fruit and leave to cool to room temperature. Boil the liquid to reduce to 1 cup.
- Strain the liquid and cool. Roughly chop the fruit and place in the chocolate cups. Drizzle with the reduced syrup.