Margarita Chicken Thighs with dirty brown riceFrom rrobby 7 years ago
- 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and cut into strips shopping list
- 2 Anaheim chiles, seeded and cut into strips shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 Tblsp. salt shopping list
- 3 squirts, Cholula hot sauce shopping list
- zest of 1 lime shopping list
- juice of 3 limes shopping list
- 1/4 bunch of cilantro, rough chopped shopping list
- 1/2 C. tequila shopping list
- 1/3 C. E.V. olive oil shopping list
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs shopping list
- 1 C. brown rice shopping list
- water shopping list
How to make it
- Roast chile strips in a heavy, DRY, skillet over medium heat. Toss occasionally until browned. Remove from heat and let cool
- In a Ziplock bag, add all other ingredients EXCEPT the rice. When cool, dice the roasted chiles and add them to the other ingredients.
- Place in refrigerator for at least an hour or up to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken to plate.
- In a heavy saucepan put rice and the contents of the Ziplock and enough water to equal 2 C.
- Bring rice mixture to boil and reduce heat to simmer and cover.
- Spray grill pan with cooking spray and bring to med. high heat. Grill chicken about 3 to 3 and 1/2 minutes per side depending on their thickness.
- Serve with the dirty rice and refried beans.
The Cookrrobby McCall, ID
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!