3b Muffins Bran Banana BlueberryFrom magandab 9 years ago
- 1 cup wheat bran shopping list
- 1 cup mashed bananas shopping list
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. low fat buttermilk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons molasses shopping list
- 1/4 cup oil (canola is best) shopping list
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup egg substitute shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl combine bran, mashed banana, and milk, stirring well.
- Let stand 5 minutes then add molasses, oil, and egg and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and nuts if using.
- Gently toss blueberries into flour mixture.
- Stir into the bran mixture until just combined.
- Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes, then cool on rack, or eat while warm.
- Makes 12 muffins