Spinach BurgersFrom sola 6 years ago
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans,rinsed & drained shopping list
- 1 cup,packed chopped fresh spinach shopping list
- 2 scallions,sliced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic,crushed shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 2 Tbs.tahini shopping list
- 1 Tbs.fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/8 tsp.cumin shopping list
- 2 tsp.olive oil shopping list
- 4 pita pockets shopping list
- 8 pepperoncini,drained & sliced shopping list
- 1 large tomatoes,chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cucumber,peeled & sliced shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor,combine garbanzos,spinach,scallions,garlic and flour.Pulse on and off several times to blend well.Add salt and pepper to taste,process briefly.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties about a 1/2 inch thick.
- In a small bowl,mix tahini with 2 tablespoons warm water (this will make tahini easier to mix) add lemon juice,cumin and salt to taste.set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.Add burgers and cook until browned,about 4 minutes each side,add more oil if necessary.
- Cut pitas in half.Cut burgers in half and place in pita bread.Spoon pepperoncinis,tomatoes,cucumbers over burgers and drizzle with tahini sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cooksola Charlotte, NC
The Rating4 people
Sounds fantastic! I can't wait to try this!! Thanks for sharing :)aluminum_chef in Montreal loved it
Sounds wonderful!shandalulu in West Valley City loved it
orangeskipper in Redding loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!