Corn and Clam ChowderFrom wolfpackjack 7 years ago
- 8 oz clams (I usually double or triple this... I am just that way..hehe) I like the chopped clams but can use minced or whole shopping list
- 3 Cups milk (or half/half or cream) shopping list
- 1 Cup water/clam liquid shopping list
- 3 slices bacon (or pancetta.) shopping list
- 1 Cup onions - chopped shopping list
- 2 Cups diced raw potatoes shopping list
- 1-1/2 Cup drained whole kernel corn shopping list
- 2 (or more) Tbspns flour shopping list
- 1 Tbspn butter shopping list
- 1 Tspn celery salt shopping list
- Dash (or more) white pepper shopping list
- Always optional - 3 cloves crushed minced garlic and some green onions shopping list
How to make it
- Drain clams ... save liquid, add water to liquid -> 1 cup
- Fry bacon (pancetta) till crisp, then add onions, cook till tender (I usually add the garlic here)
- Add potatoes, water/clam liquid, cover and simmer till potatoes are tender.
- Add corn and milk.
- Blend flour with butter (if you want a thicker chowder, add more flour) stir into pan.
- Cook slowly until mixture thickens slightly... stirring constantly.
- Add seasonings and clams (here's where I add the thin sliced green onions).
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Ready to serve... but taste even better the next day.
- I also like to add a few splashes of Franks extra hot sauce...
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating2 people
Just one thing....garlic is never optional..Garlic rules!
mmmmmmmmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
I'm from Newfoundland, Eastern part of Canada and chowder is part of my culture, and i love clam chowder along with lobster and the atlantic part of canada is about fishing. Thank you for the post.auntievi in Oshawa loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!