Corn and Clam ChowderFrom wolfpackjack 8 years ago
- 8 oz clams (I usually double or triple this... I am just that way..hehe) I like the chopped clams but can use minced or whole shopping list
- 3 Cups milk (or half/half or cream) shopping list
- 1 Cup water/clam liquid shopping list
- 3 slices bacon (or pancetta.) shopping list
- 1 Cup onions - chopped shopping list
- 2 Cups diced raw potatoes shopping list
- 1-1/2 Cup drained whole kernel corn shopping list
- 2 (or more) Tbspns flour shopping list
- 1 Tbspn butter shopping list
- 1 Tspn celery salt shopping list
- Dash (or more) white pepper shopping list
- Always optional - 3 cloves crushed minced garlic and some green onions shopping list
How to make it
- Drain clams ... save liquid, add water to liquid -> 1 cup
- Fry bacon (pancetta) till crisp, then add onions, cook till tender (I usually add the garlic here)
- Add potatoes, water/clam liquid, cover and simmer till potatoes are tender.
- Add corn and milk.
- Blend flour with butter (if you want a thicker chowder, add more flour) stir into pan.
- Cook slowly until mixture thickens slightly... stirring constantly.
- Add seasonings and clams (here's where I add the thin sliced green onions).
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Ready to serve... but taste even better the next day.
- I also like to add a few splashes of Franks extra hot sauce...
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating2 people
I'm from Newfoundland, Eastern part of Canada and chowder is part of my culture, and i love clam chowder along with lobster and the atlantic part of canada is about fishing. Thank you for the post.auntievi in Oshawa loved it
Just one thing....garlic is never optional..Garlic rules!
mmmmmmmmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!