Boerenkaas Soep Dutch Farmers Cheese SoupFrom annette092964 7 years ago
- 4 tablespoons butter or olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots, scraped & diced into 1/4 pieces shopping list
- 2 potatoes, diced into 1/4 pieces (1/2 lb) shopping list
- 1/2 lb cauliflower, trimmed & cut into florets shopping list
- 1/4 lb celeriac, peeled & diced into 1/4 pieces shopping list
- 6 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 4 slices lean bacon shopping list
- 4 slices white home style bread shopping list
- 4 ounces gouda cheese, sliced to 1/8-inch thick (wax removed) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat; add vegetables and sauté until onion is golden brown (5-7 minutes).
- 2. Pour in the stock; bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3, Partially cover pan, and lower heat.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender crisp (20 minutes).
- 4. In a heavy skillet, fry the bacon over medium heat until brown and crisp around the edges, and most of the fat has cooked off.
- 5. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- 6.Fry the bread in the bacon grease so that it is crisp and brown on both sides.
- 7. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- 8.Preheat-broiler to its highest setting.
- 9.Float the bacon on top of the soup, and top each slice with a piece of the fried bread.
- 10. Arrange cheese slices over top, covering bread and surface of soup completely.
- 11.Slide dutch oven into broiler so top is about 3 inches from heat source and broil until cheese melts and turns a light golden brown (2-3 minutes).
The Cookannette092964 Logansport, U.S.A.
- Not added to any groups yet!