Winter Vegetable SoupFrom cmon68 8 years ago
- 1 medium head of savoy cabbage, quartered then chopped shopping list
- 2 TBS corn oil(you can use any oil except olive, I use canola) shopping list
- 4 carrots thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 parsnips diced.(if you dont like parsnip you could use turnip or extra carrot) shopping list
- 2 celery stalks thinly sliced. shopping list
- 6 cups chicken(or vegetable) stock (use 71/2 if adding chicken(1 lb) shopping list
- 3 medium diced potatoes shopping list
- 2 sliced zucchini(green beans work well too) shopping list
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and diced shopping list
- 2 cups cauliflower florets shopping list
- 2 tomatoes seeded and diced(try to use fresh here, it makes a difference, if using 1 small can i would rinse them first) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp fresh or 1/4 dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 2 TBS chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- salt and pepper ti taste shopping list
How to make it
- Slice cabbage quarters into thin strips across the leaves
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add cabbage, carrots, celery and parsnips
- Cook 10-15 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently
- Stir stock into vegetables and bring to a boil. Skim off foam that rises to top.
- Add potatoes,zucchini,bell pepper,cauliflower and tomatoes with the herbs, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Serve with crunchy fresh bread.
The Cookcmon68 Windsor, CT
- Not added to any groups yet!