Rolled Pork With Apricot-pistachio FillingFrom adacowan 9 years ago
- 1 single uncut boneless pork loin roast (4 lb) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachio nuts shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup apricot brandy or apricot nectar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/4 cup coarsely crushed cracker crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachio nuts shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves shopping list
How to make it
- To cut pork roast into a large rectangle that can be filled and rolled, cut lengthwise about 1/2 inch from top of pork to within 1/2 inch of opposite edge; open flat.
- Repeat with other side of pork, cutting from the inside edge to the outer edge; open flat to form rectangle.
- Sprinkle apricots, 1/2 cup nuts, the garlic, salt and pepper over pork to within 1 inch of edge.
- Tightly roll up pork, beginning with short side. Secure with toothpicks, or tie with string.
- Pierce pork all over with metal skewer. Brush brandy over entire surface. Let stand 15 minutes. Brush again with remaining brandy. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 325°F. Place pork, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of pork. Roast uncovered 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons nuts and garlic salt; cook and stir 1 minute. Cool slightly.
- Brush preserves over pork.
- Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Roast uncovered 30 to 60 minutes longer or until thermometer reads 160°F. Cover and let stand 15 minutes before serving for easier carving.