White Lightning Chicken ChileFrom ravenhairchic 8 years ago
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded shopping list
- 6 cloves roasted garlic shopping list
- 1 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) great northern beans, drained, rinsed and divided shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 can (14 1/2 ounces each) chicken broth shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon cumin shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon of garlic salt shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon of pepper shopping list
- 1 cup of salsa of your choice shopping list
- 1/4 cup lime juice shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon cold water shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, snipped shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Chop onion and jalapeno peppers using Food Chopper.
- 2. Drain 1 can of beans using 1-Qt Colander. Transfer to 1 3/4-Qt. Colander Bowl. Gently squeeze garlic from papery skins into beans in bowl; mash using Potato Masher. Drain remaining 2 cans of beans and set aside.
- 3. Heat oil in Generation II 6-Qt. Dutch Oven over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno peppers; cook 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add chicken, mashed bean-garlic mixture, whole beans, chicken broth, cumin, garlic salt, salsa and lime juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes.
- 4. Combine cornstarch and water, stirring until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to chili and continue cooking 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 5. Snip cilantro wth Kitchen Shears; stir into chili just before serving. Ladle chili into soup bowls using Nylon Ladle.
- Yeild: 8 servings
- Kitchen Tips
- For chili with more heat, substitute 1/3 cup chopped, canned hot nacho slices for the jalapeno peppers.
- Menu Suggestion
- Top chili with reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, light sour cream or chopped avocado.
The Cookravenhairchic Santa Ana, CA
The Rating1 people
love this recipe so much like my white chilli recipe - I have made the white chilli into a soup as well as a topping for a chicken dish - your imagination is your limitation!!!! thanks for the postravenseyes in Belcamp loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!