Spicy Stri-fried beefFrom adacowan 6 years ago
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. Chinese chili sauce with garlic shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. sesame or vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. beef flank steak, cut across grain into 1/8-inch strips shopping list
- 3 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices (1 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1 lb. pound snow (Chinese) pea pods, cut diagonally into pieces (1 cup) shopping list
- Hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Mix cornstarch, soy sauce and chili sauce; set aside.
- Heat wok or 10-inch nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the oil; rotate wok to coat bottom and side.
- Add beef; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until beef is brown.
- Remove beef from wok.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to wok; rotate wok.
- Add squash; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add broth; reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook about 3 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture, pea pods and beef.
- Stir-fry over high heat about 2 minutes or until pea pods are crisp-tender. Serve over rice.