Almond CrescentsFrom grandmommy 9 years ago
How to make it
- In top of double boiler, combine almond paste,granulated sugar,and 1/4c. egg white.
- Place over hot water. Stir constantlywithwooden spoon until smoothand slightly warm, about 5 min. Remove from heat and cool 10 min.
- Lightly grease and flour several cookie sheets. Preheat oven to 350.
- Turn almond mixture onto board sprinkled with confectioner sugar. Knead 2 or 3 times till smooth.
- Divide in half. Shape each half into a 10 in. log.Cut each log into 10 parts.
- Shape each part intoa thin roll 4in. long. Dip into egg white, roll in pine nuts, pressing nuts into the surface.
- Curve into crescent shape. Place 1 1/2 in. apart on cookie sheet. Bake 15 to 20 min. or till golden
- Remove to wire racks and cool completely.