Texas Fried Jalapeno PeppersFrom chefmeow 10 years ago
- 14 ounce can whole pickled jalapenos shopping list
- 1/2 pound longhorn cheese grated shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 eggs lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- oil for deep-frying shopping list
How to make it
- Cut tops off the peppers and scoop out seeds.
- Stuff each jalapeno with one tablespoon grated cheese pressing it down into the pepper with your finger.
- In a bowl combine eggs and milk.
- In a separate bowl stir salt and pepper into the flour.
- Roll the filled jalapenos in the flour mixture then in the egg mixture then again in the flour mixture.
- Set aside to allow coating to set while you heat oil to 350.
- Deep fry jalapenos for 2 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
I give this one a 5:)orangeskipper in Redding loved it
I love poppers! And these don't seem as messy to make as some that I've seen. Suggest you wear gloves when stuffing and don't touch your eyes!justjakesmom in Everett loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!