Asparagus Lovers Bow TiesFrom lesliegw 7 years ago
- salt shopping list
- 1 lb. farfalle (bow ties) pasta - you could use any kind on hand shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 lb. cremini mushrooms, thickly sliced (use the kind you've got) shopping list
- 1 lb. thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-in pieces shopping list
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese (in a pinch, I've used cream cheese) shopping list
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg (use canned if that's all you've got) shopping list
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan (I use the kind that comes already grated in the little tub) shopping list
How to make it
- Bring large pot of water to a boil and add farfalle. Cook until al dente, stirring occasionally. Drain, but reserve about 1 cup of water.
- Melt butter in large skillet over med. heat. add mushrooms and saute until tender - about 5 min. Add asparagus and saute until crisp-tender - about 5 min. Add farfalle. Sitr in mascarpone and nutmeg and toss until cheese coats the pasta, adding reserved pasta water 1/4 cup at a time to moisten. Stir in 1/2 cup of walnuts. Season pasta to taste with salt/pepper. Put pasta in bowl and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of walnuts. Serve and ENJOY!