Duck and Sausage CassouletFrom lillyann 6 years ago
- canola oil cooking spray (Mazola* Pure) shopping list
- 1 3/4 pounds Muscovy duck breast half shopping list
- 2 cans (15-oz. each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained (Bushes*) shopping list
- 1 can (14.5-oz.) diced tomatoes w/garlic, basil, and oregano (Hunts*) shopping list
- 8 ounces fully cooked kielbasa sausage, sliced shopping list
- 1/3 cup frozen chopped onions (Ore-Ida*) shopping list
- 1/4 cup real bacon pieces (Hormel*) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning (McCormick*) shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled crushed garlic shopping list
- 1/3 cup Italian-style bread crumbs shopping list
- salt and black ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 2 1/2- to 3 quart casserole with cooking spray; set aside. Lightly sprinkle duck on both sides with salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place duck in skillet skin side down; cook for 12 to 15 minutes to render fat and crisp the skin. Turn; cook for 5 to 6 minutes more or until slightly pink (medium rare). Transfer to a cutting board; set aside.
- IN a large bowl, combine beans, undrained tomatoes, sausage, onion, bacon, poultry seasoning and garlic.
- Slice duck breast in half, lengthwise, removing skin if desired. Cut each half into 1/4 inch slices. Stir slices into bean mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to prepared casserole. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
The Cooklillyann Chicago, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!