Split Pea Soup W BaconFrom jdarr 7 years ago
- 1 pkg bacon, chopped into roughly equal pieces shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, washed and chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled sliced thinly shopping list
- 1 16 oz pkg dried split peas shopping list
- 8 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 cups of frozen peas(if Desired) shopping list
- 1 tbsp of any vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Place bacon in a large soup pot over a medium high heat.
- When the bacon is brown and crispy drain all but 2 tbsp of fat
- Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic to the pot and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the dried peas, stock, bay leaves, rosemary and salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and continue cooking until the soup is thick and the peas are completely soft.(aprox 50-60 minutes)
- Stir in frozen peas(if desired, though I like the different texture and bright color of them)and stir to heat through.(10 minutes)
- Stir in the vinegar and add salt and pepper to taste.
The Cookjdarr San Jose, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!