Vietnamese Lime Grilled PrawnsFrom kissthewine4me 9 years ago
- 1 lb. raw tiger or king prawns or jumbo shrimp-peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 1 garlic clove (or equivalent minced garlic from jar) shopping list
- 1 TSP high quality oil (cold expeller-pressed peanut oil is good but olive oil is fine) shopping list
- For the dip: shopping list
- 1 TSP sea salt shopping list
- 1 TSP freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- juice of 1 lime (concentrated lime juice is okay-make sure to dilute a little!) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the onion and garlic with oil.
- Add the prawns and toss to coat.
- Cover and leave to marinate in fridge (or cool, dark place) 2-3 hrs.
- Grill the prawns over a medium charcoal fire, or cook under a preheated broiler for about 5 minutes, turning once.
- Mix together the sea salt, black pepper, and lime juice in a small dish, and use as a dip for the prawns.