Boiled Egg And Marmite SoldiersFrom fergie 7 years ago
How to make it
- Pour about about 1 to 1 1/2 inches of water into a saucepan and bring to the boil
- Turn on the grill or get the toaster out and plug it in !
- Add little vinegar to the water (This prevents the eggs collapsing if they crack !!!)
- Pop the bread under the grill or in the toaster
- Using a large spoon, lower an egg, in turn, not at the same time, Don't be too ambitous, into the boiling water VERY SLOWLY, ensuring the shell does not crack.
- Repeat for the second egg.
- Set a timer to 4 mins.
- Check the toast. - if burnt, get 2 more slices and try again.
- If nice and brown apply a little butter on one side only of each slice.
- Apply a thing covering of Marmite on each buttered side of toast.
- Lick the knife so as not to waster any Marmite.
- Go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
- Drop the toast on the floor and see on which side up it lands ! pick it up and say "thought so" !
- Cut the toast into 1 inch thick strips and pace on a plate next to the empty egg cups and tea spoon.
- When the buzzer or pinger sounds, take the eggs out the water, one at a time, and place each egg in an egg cup.
- Serve with a hot mug of Tea or Coffee, sit in front of the TV and enjoy !