Oven Barbecued BurgersFrom craftyazgirl 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup chili sauce ( I used Heinz, sold next to the ketchup) shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 2 teaspoon dijon-style mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves shopping list
- 4 to 6 onion slices shopping list
- 4 to 6 lemon slices shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.F
- Combine beef, bread crumbs, onion, egg, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix well. Shape into 4 to 6 patties. Place in greased shallow baking dish
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Combine chili sauce, brown sugar, mustard and cloves.
- Remove baking dish from oven. Pour sauce over patties. Top each with an onion and lemon slice.
- Return to oven. Bake 30 minutes longer, basting occasionally with sauce in pan.
- To serve, spoon sauce over patties.