Ham Bacon Egg Hot PocketsFrom cheryilyn 6 years ago
- 18 large eggs shopping list
- 1 lb bacon shopping list
- 4 C. ham (diced) shopping list
- 2 bunches green onion (chopped) shopping list
- 1 red pepper (chopped) shopping list
- 3 jalapeno’s (chopped) shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 lbs cheddar cheese (shredded) shopping list
- whole wheat bread Dough for two 1 lb loaves shopping list
How to make it
- Chop the bacon in small pieces and fry in a large skillet until almost done.
- Drain most of the grease off.
- Add ham, onion, peppers and garlic and cook till veggies are tender. Add eggs and scramble.
- Take the bread dough and separate it into 2“-3” balls.
- Roll each ball out to 1/8” thick rectangular shape.
- Spoon on about 2-3 T. of the egg & meat mixture, top with desired amount of cheese.
- Fold the ends over and then the sides using a little water or egg wash to seal.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and cook for 20-25 min or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on pan completely and put in freezer baggies and store in freezer.
- When ready to eat, heat in microwave for a couple of min.
- Yields 25-30 depending on the size of your dough balls.
The Cookcheryilyn Salem, OR
The Rating3 people
Great recipe----and it's for the most important meal of the day! And the time I'm always in a rush! :) Thanks for sharing :)
~Melindabakermel in Topeka loved it
I like the idea of making these instead of buying them at the store -- you get to keep the good things out, and the chemicals & stuff you don't want out! Great post, Cheryilyn :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it