Potage Creme du BarryFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 1 cauliflower shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of butter shopping list
- 1 ½ tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 onion peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 medium egg yolks shopping list
- 2 / 3 cup double cream shopping list
- grated cheese shopping list
- nutmeg shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- garnish with snipped chives shopping list
How to make it
- Trim the cauliflower and break into florets.
- Cook gently in boiling salted water for 5 mins, drain and set to one side.
- Melt the butter in a large pan and add the flour cook for 1 to 2 mins.
- Stirring all the time then remove from the heat.
- Add the chicken stock and onions return to the heat.
- Stirring constantly bring to the boil then simmer for 20 mins.
- Allow to cool, add the cauliflower and blend.
- Return the soup to the pan and reheat.
- Lightly beat together the egg yolks, cream and a little of the cheese to taste.
- Stir in a little of the soup then add to the soup in the pan.
- Gently cook until thickened season with salt and pepper and grated nutmeg.
- Garnish with the snipped chives.