sour cream chicken enchiladasFrom mandy09 9 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 4 chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 T. margarine shopping list
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles shopping list
- 1 - 1/4 C. shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 (4 oz.) cans sliced mushrooms, drained shopping list
- 1/2 t garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 t chili powder shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream (can use low fat) shopping list
- 8 large flour tortillas shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 c flour shopping list
- 1/4 c melted butter shopping list
- 1 -1/2 c shredded monteray jack cheese shopping list
- 1 -1/2 c sour cream shopping list
- chili powder to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse chicken.
- Cook in water to cover until tender.
- Drain, reserving 1-1/2 cups of broth.
- Cool, debone, and chop. (Leftover cooked chicken or a roasted deli chicken meat can also be used.)
- Saute onion in margarine in large skillet.
- Add chicken, green chilis, mushrooms, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, 1/2 t chili powder and 1 c. sour cream.
- Mix well.
- Microwave tortillas until softened.
- Spoon chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll.
- Place seam side down in 13X9 baking dish.
- Blend flour and butter in saucepan.
- Stir in reserved broth and 1 C. jack cheese,
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream and additional chili powder.
- Pour over enchiladas.
- Bake 350 for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining jack cheese and
- put back in oven until cheese melts.
The Cookmandy09 Adelaide, AU
The Rating4 people
Sour Cream and Montereay Jack cheese...I'm in. Dare me...lol, try and stop me!craners in Coarsegold loved it
I love Enchiladas of this quality, so good.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Excellent Enchiladas. Thanks :)donman in Hammond loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!