sour cream chicken enchiladasFrom mandy09 7 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 4 chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 T. margarine shopping list
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles shopping list
- 1 - 1/4 C. shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 (4 oz.) cans sliced mushrooms, drained shopping list
- 1/2 t garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 t chili powder shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream (can use low fat) shopping list
- 8 large flour tortillas shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 c flour shopping list
- 1/4 c melted butter shopping list
- 1 -1/2 c shredded monteray jack cheese shopping list
- 1 -1/2 c sour cream shopping list
- chili powder to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse chicken.
- Cook in water to cover until tender.
- Drain, reserving 1-1/2 cups of broth.
- Cool, debone, and chop. (Leftover cooked chicken or a roasted deli chicken meat can also be used.)
- Saute onion in margarine in large skillet.
- Add chicken, green chilis, mushrooms, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, 1/2 t chili powder and 1 c. sour cream.
- Mix well.
- Microwave tortillas until softened.
- Spoon chicken mixture into each tortilla and roll.
- Place seam side down in 13X9 baking dish.
- Blend flour and butter in saucepan.
- Stir in reserved broth and 1 C. jack cheese,
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream and additional chili powder.
- Pour over enchiladas.
- Bake 350 for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining jack cheese and
- put back in oven until cheese melts.
The Cookmandy09 Adelaide, AU
The Rating4 people
Excellent Enchiladas. Thanks :)donman in Hammond loved it
I love Enchiladas of this quality, so good.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Sour Cream and Montereay Jack cheese...I'm in. Dare me...lol, try and stop me!craners in Coarsegold loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!