Basic Quick BreadFrom elle 7 years ago
- 3 1/2 c flour shopping list
- 3 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 c brown sugar (I use Splenda brown sugar blend) shopping list
- 3 /4 cup granulated sugar (I use Splenda) shopping list
- 3/4 c butter, softened shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 c milk shopping list
How to make it
- Grease 2 loaf pans, and heat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar, then add eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk.
- Fold in whatever add-ins you choose.
- Pour into pans and bake for 55 min to 1 hour.
- For my bread, I used 2 1/2 cups fresh, pitted cherries, a handful of coconut, and would have liked to use almond extract, but i was all out. Phooey. But still delicious with the vanilla!
- BANANA NUT BREAD: Add 2 cups mashed ripe bananas combined with 2 T. lemon juice. And ½ c. chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans.)
- ZUCCHINI NUT BREAD: Add 2 cup shredded zucchini and ½ c. chopped nuts.
- PEACHY NUT BREAD: Add 2 cup of canned peaches, drained and pureed combined with 1½ t cinnamon, ¾ t nutmeg, ¼ t. cloves, and ½ c. chopped nuts.
- PUMPKIN NUT BREAD: Add 2 cups pureed pumpkin combined with 1 t. cinnamon, 1 ½ t nutmeg; and ½ c. walnuts.
- SWEET POTATO BREAD: Add 2 cups of mashed cold sweet potatoes combined with 1 t. cinnamon, 1 t. nutmeg, 1 t. cloves; and 1 c. walnuts. Substitute ½ cup granulated sugar with 1/3 c. brown sugar.
- APPLESAUCE BREAD: Add 2 c. applesauce combined with 1 t. cinnamon, ½ t. cloves.
- PEARSAUCE BREAD: Add 2 cups pearsauce combined with 1 t. ginger.
- HAWAIIAN NUT BREAD: Add 2 cups crushed pineapple drained, ¼ c fine coconut; ½ c. nuts.
- All these nut bread variations can be baked in muffin tins (greased or with paper cups inserted). Fill cups to 2/3 full and bake at 350ºF. for 15-20 min.
The Cookelle NH
The Rating2 people
Heavenly! I made a mistake and added too much butter (I need new glasses), but the bread still came out wonderfully. Sadly, It broken because I was playing with it too much while it cooled down, but it was still delicious and scrumptious! I can't wai...moreCohzaku in loved it
great recipe thanks.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!