Stuffed Cornish HensFrom nocturnalife 5 years ago
How to make it
- STUFFING: Toast bread and cut into cubes.
- Cut raw bacon into pieces, fry until fully cooked, and drain.
- (set bacon grease aside)
- Combine bread cubes and cooked bacon pieces.
- Add some bacon grease and water to the stuffing to moisten it.
- (I don't measure it, I just add enough of each to moisten the bread)
- (optional to also add onion powder, pepper, etc - to your taste)
- HENS: Wash and clean them out.
- Stuff the stuffing inside the hens.
- Fasten each end closed.
- Place in baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until done.
- (you can baste the hens with a little melted butter)
The Cooknocturnalife North West Corner, IL
The Rating1 people
EXCELLENT!! I have a recipe for the microwave for bacon stuffed hens, but it falls a little short. This sounds like just what I was searching for. With the addition of a few favorite seasonings, this will be spot on! THANKS!!epqueen in East Peoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!