Soda Cracker CookiesFrom conner909 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line jelly roll pan (aka cookie sheet) wih foil, overlapping the sides.
- Line pan with soda crackers (saltines)in a single layer, to cover pan.
- Stir and boil together sugar and butter in a small saucepan
- for 3 minutes.
- Pour sugar/butter mixture over crackers and spread evenly.
- Bake for approximately 8 minutes...it will be golden and bubbly but not brown.
- As soon as it is out of the oven, sprinkle approximately 12 ounces
- of chocolate chips on top of the crackers.
- Put pan back in oven for about 1 minute to help chocolate melt.
- Remove and spread chocolate with a knife.
- Sprinkle 1 ½ cup chopped nuts on top of chocolate, covering all.
- Press slightly so nuts adhere to chocolate.
- Put pan in freezer and cool for approximately 30 minutes.
- Peel back foil gently from cookies and break cookies
- into pieces. Keeps best in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- (I use pecans....I roast them in the oven for about 5 minutes for optimal flavor, then finely chop them.)
- These are really good and unusual....easy, too! I wouldn’t use margarine unless I had no choice.
- Number of servings really vary.