Barbecued Whole Fish RecipeFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 20 minute marinade time shopping list
- ------------------------------------- shopping list
- 1.5 lb small snapper or bream, cleaned and scaled shopping list
- 2 teaspoons green peppercorns, finely crushed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped red chili shopping list
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oil shopping list
- 2 medium onions, finely sliced shopping list
- 1.5 in piece fresh ginger, cut into very thin slices shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, cut into very thin slices shopping list
- 2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 4 spring onions, cut into 1.5 in pieces, then finely shredded shopping list
- lemon and garlic dipping sauce, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Wash the fish inside and out and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut 2 diagonal slashes into the thickest part of the fish on both sides.
- Place the peppercorns, chili and fish sauce in a food processor or mortar and pestle, and process or grind until a paste is formed. Brush the paste lightly over the fish, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat the barbecue until very hot; lightly brush it with oil.
- Cook the fish for 8 minutes on each side, or until the flesh flakes easily when tested.
- While the fish is cooking, heat the oil in a frying pan; add the onion and cook over medium heat, stirring, until golden.
- Add the ginger, garlic and sugar and cook for 3 minutes.
- Place the fish on a serving plate, top with the onion mixture, sprinkle over the spring onion and serve immediately with lemon and garlic dipping sauce and hot steamed rice.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
love fish!!!!!!!!!!!! we have it at least twice a week.Will try your method soon
mumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Healthy and it looks great. Bookmarkedliezel in Bloemfontein loved it
This looks super... thanks for the post.... dj.... checking on the g..scapeswolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it