Football Sunday Roast Beef HeroFrom upstatevoyager 6 years ago
- 3 to 4 pounds rare deli roast beef, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced into rings shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 cups tomato juice or spicy V8 vegetable juice cocktail shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablepsoons beef bouillon granules (I use a little less and use the lower sodium type) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons prepapred yellow mustard shopping list
- juice of 2 lemons shopping list
- hot pepper sauce to taste shopping list
- 2 loaves crusty Italian or French bread shopping list
- Shredded lettuce or leaf lettuce shopping list
- Ripe tomato, thinly sliced shopping list
- Extras of choice (pickled jalapeno, banana peppers, sliced black olives, sliced cucumber, sliced dill pickle, etc) shopping list
How to make it
- In large shallow bowl or plastic container, combine beef, onion, green pepper and red pepper. Toss gently.
- In small saucepan, combine tomato or V8 juice, bouillon granules, mustard, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Pour over beef and toss gently.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Before serving, slice bread loaves in half lengthwise. Scoop out some of the bread to make a 'shell" 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.
- Layer beef in bottom of shell. Top with red onion slices and bell pepper slices.
- Layer in tomatoes and lettuce.
- Put halves together. Cut each loaf into 6 (or more) slices.
- Arrange on serving platter.
- Arrange bowls of "extras" around slices for guests to add as they want.
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating1 people
Love this and my husband drools like Homer when I say, "Guess what is for supper" Roast beef heroes make me the hero for the day. He likes his with "extra marinara" while I add a few pickled peppers. Whatever floats your boat, eh?notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!