Italian Sausage CassouletFrom elle 7 years ago
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 lb baby carrots shopping list
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans, drained shopping list
- 1 can (15 oz.) chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1 lb mild turkey sausage shopping list
- 1 cup red wine shopping list
- 1 tsp chopped garlic (bottled is fine) shopping list
- 1 tsp crushed thyme shopping list
- salt and black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage in olive oil on all sides, about 3 minutes on each side, then remove from the pan.
- In the drippings, saute the onion and garlic until almost translucent.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine, let it start to bubble up, then add the canned tomatoes, the thyme, the bay leaf, and about 1 tsp of pepper.
- Stir in the beans and carrots, let this get bubbly, then put the sausages on top of that stuff, and cover.
- Simmer for 25 minutes, stir, then simmer 25 more minutes.
- My carrots weren't all done at this point, so I took the sausages out and kept them warm, then turned the heat up to just above medium, and covered the pan again for 10 more minutes. Perfect!
- Remove the lid, salt to taste, then serve with the sausages.
The Cookelle NH
- Not added to any groups yet!