Alabama CornbreadFrom clbacon 9 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degress;
- Using 2 tablespoons of oil, and a paper towel, grease the bottom and sides of a 9 or 10 inch cast-iron skillet; put skillet in the oven to heat up;
- Mix cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; add beaten egg, buttermilk and remaining two tablespoons of oil;
- Stir until just combined;
- Remove the hot skillet from the oven - careful!
- Pour the batter into the hot pan (hear the sizzle!)
- Bake until the bread is golden and firm to the touch, about 20 minutes;
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing;
- Best served warm with real butter.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookclbacon Birmingham, AL
The Rating5 people
Thanks for the recipe:)orangeskipper in Redding loved it
nothin like a great pan of cornbread thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
OMG yore makin me HOMESICK!
...btw ... "ROLL TIDE!"itsjustjuwah in Jena loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!