Alabama CornbreadFrom clbacon 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degress;
- Using 2 tablespoons of oil, and a paper towel, grease the bottom and sides of a 9 or 10 inch cast-iron skillet; put skillet in the oven to heat up;
- Mix cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; add beaten egg, buttermilk and remaining two tablespoons of oil;
- Stir until just combined;
- Remove the hot skillet from the oven - careful!
- Pour the batter into the hot pan (hear the sizzle!)
- Bake until the bread is golden and firm to the touch, about 20 minutes;
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing;
- Best served warm with real butter.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookclbacon Birmingham, AL
The Rating5 people
OMG yore makin me HOMESICK!
...btw ... "ROLL TIDE!"itsjustjuwah in Jena loved it
nothin like a great pan of cornbread thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Thanks for the recipe:)orangeskipper in Redding loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!