Pan-Seared Tuna With Ginger-Shiitake Cream SauceFrom darbar 7 years ago
- 6 6-ounce tuna steaks, each about 1 inch thick shopping list
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps sliced shopping list
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- Lime wedges (optional) shopping list
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Sprinkle 1 side of tuna steaks with pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Place tuna steaks, pepper side down, in hot oil and sear 2 minutes. Turn tuna over and continue cooking to desired doneness, about 2 minutes for rare. Transfer tuna to rimmed baking sheet; keep warm in oven.
- Add butter, sliced green onions, cilantro, ginger and chopped garlic to same skillet and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Mix in mushrooms and soy sauce and simmer 30 seconds. Add whipping cream and simmer until sauce lightly coats back of spoon, about 3 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Spoon sauce onto plates; arrange tuna atop sauce. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs, if desired.
The Cookdarbar Elmhurst, IL
The Rating2 people
I am really looking forward to doing this recipe. wow I just can't wait. Thanks for sharing!trev in Bogangar loved it
Excellent recipe!! Amazingly fast and easy to make, but tastes like you took all night to prepare. I tweaked it just a bit... not fond of cilantro, so omitted it. To keep it a little lighter, I used fat free half & half instead of whipping cream,...moreMommycakes in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!