Very Easy Lemon Meringue PieFrom kitchenmouse 7 years ago
- 1 can eagle brand or any brand condensed milk shopping list
- 3 eggs separted shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 9 inch regular pie shell (storebought or home made) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- few drops yellow flavoring (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Prick pie shell with fork on bottom and bake until light brown. Remove from oven and let cool ten minutes.
- For Filling:
- Separate eggs, placing whites in clean,small mixing bowl.
- In medium bowl, mix condensed milk, egg yellows, lemon juice, food color and zest, until well blended and thickened (just a few minutes should do it as lemon juice "cooks" custard.)
- Pour lemon mixture into pie shell.
- For Meringue:
- With mixer, beat egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Add sugar and vanilla and beat until nice shiny stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue over pie with spatula, pressing lightly and lifting to make nice peaks.
- Place in 375 oven and bake until peaks are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place on rack to cool.
- You can refrigerate about 20 minutes to cool down further.
- Refrigerate leftovers if there are any.
The Cookkitchenmouse Richardson, TX
The Rating8 people
Sounds great tasting and also easy. Thanks for a great postliezel in Bloemfontein loved it
Just great...ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Mmmmmmmmmm.............. Yummy!berry in Riverside loved it