Chicken In Cream Sauce With Broccoli And FettuccineFrom lor 9 years ago
- 10 ounces uncooked fettuccine (1 package) shopping list
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 onion, diced / chopped shopping list
- 1 rib of celery, diced / chopped, shopping list
- 1 green or red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped / minced shopping list
- 3 Tbsps. butter shopping list
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed shopping list
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained shopping list
- 1 can(small) water chestnuts, sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp. onion powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan / romano cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- In a very large frying pan, saute onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic and mushrooms in butter until soft.
- Remove and set aside.
- Place chicken in the same frying pan and fry until no longer pink.
- Pour the can of soup into a bowl first and thoroughly mix it.
- Add the onion, celery, bell peppers, garlic, mushrooms with water chestnuts to the chicken.
- Stir in the soup, broth, broccoli, onion powder and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Drain fettuccine and either add to the chicken mixture or place the mixture overtop of the fettuccine before serving.
- Reduce heat. cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated completely through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan or Romano cheese.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating3 people
Wow, nobody's visited your recipe and it looks awesome to me. I rated it 5 because I can taste it as I read it. Thanks for this great one.peepers in loved it
Oh my gosh, this recipe has been around and like peepers said, nobody's commented or given it the much deserved 5 forks. Well, other than peepers and m11andra. You've got my high 5!laadeedaa in loved it