Blackened Tuna with Tomato SalsaFrom kimmer 6 years ago
- FOR TOMATO salsa shopping list
- 1 pint grape tomatoes shopping list
- 3–4 sprigs fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 lime shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced red onions shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- tuna shopping list
- 1/4 cup blackening seasoning shopping list
- 4 tuna steaks (about 1 1/2 pounds) shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
How to make it
- TOMATO SALSA
- Slice tomatoes in half; chop cilantro finely.
- Place both in medium bowl.
- Cut lime in half, squeeze juice of one lime half into bowl (1 tablespoon).
- Stir in remaining ingredients. (For a smoother texture, place in food processor or blender; pulse 20–30 seconds or until smooth.)
- Chill until ready to serve with tuna
- Preheat large saute pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes.
- Place seasoning in shallow bowl.
- Coat tuna with cooking spray, dredge tuna steaks, one at a time, in seasoning (coat evenly on both sides).
- Place butter in pan; swirl to coat. Add tuna, using tongs, and cook 2 minutes on each side (for medium), up to 3–4 minutes on each side (for well-done), or until desired doneness.
- Serve with Tomato Salsa
The Cookkimmer Dunedin, FL
The Rating4 people
Good morning, Kimmer! Hey - this just sounds so delicious, light and refreshing. I love blackened tuna and with the fresh salsa....bliss! You get a five for this recipe and for making me so hungry this morning...hehehe. I hope to try this next we...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
You get a five from me hon. And what idiot gave you a one? Should hang 'em out the window by their toes! Makes me disgusted because here is no reason for it. Ah well, a beagle won at westminster and he sure was a beauty. I love doggie shows and so do...moremystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!