Open Faced HamburgersFrom nocturnalife 6 years ago
How to make it
- Season Raw Ground Beef with ketchup and your choice of spices.
- (I use ketchup, Lawry's Seasoning, onion powder and sometimes add the diced green pepper)
- Optional - Mix in diced green pepper and/or diced onion
- Pull hamburger buns apart and place on a cookie sheet.
- Spread yellow mustard on all bun halves.
- Top each bun half with ground beef mixture. *Not too thick, just divide it up between the bun halves.
- Bake in oven at 350
- Cooking time depends on thickness of meat.
- Press top of burger with a fork - done when no red juice comes out.
- Remove from oven, top with 1/2 slice of american cheese.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- (Note: the yellow mustard adds some flavor, but you don't taste it as much as what it does to help absorb the grease from the meat on the bun)
The Cooknocturnalife North West Corner, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!