Terrific T-bone Grilled Steak With Cilantro Over Balsamic SaladFrom divaliscious 7 years ago
- 2 porterhouse or t-bone steaks 1" thick at room temperature shopping list
- 2 gloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh cilantro - chopped fine shopping list
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper shopping list
- Salad - mixed greens of your choice (Salad seen in photo contain:, baby spinach, romaine with purple cabbage as an accent) shopping list
- Balsamic Dressing (See my recipe for Balsamic Dressing) shopping list
- Equipment Needed: Top of stove Grill Pan, the kind that has ridges which will leave grill marks - or outside grill, shopping list
How to make it
- Take steaks out of the fridge, unwrap them and place them in some sort of dish that you can let them marinate in and let them come to room temperature. This will ensure your cooking time is accurate along with keeping them tender.
- In bowl, place minced garlic, fresh cilantro, good amounts of kosher salt and freshly ground cracked pepper along with the three tablespoons of olive oil.
- Stir and let set for 5 minutes.
- On both sides of steak, rub marinade and let marinade sit for at least 15 minutes prior to grilling.
- Prepare your salad, washing greens, cutting up salad greens etc, and place in serving bowl.
- Preheat your grill pan, just before it starts smoking.
- Put steaks on a diagonal so that pretty grill marks will appear.
- For medium rare, let steaks grill 6 minutes on each side. Turning over only once.
- Steaks when done, place them on carving platter and let them sit for at least 5 minutes, they will continue to cook slightly, but resting steak will allow the juices to come back into steak - keeping it tender.
- Medium Rare - cook total 12 minutes, medium - cook total 15 minutes,
- Take salad out of fridge and but dressing on top (pour less than you think you need at first) and mix thoroughly through.
- Call troops to the table.
- Slice steak extra thin, an place on top of salad and serve.