Almost Cabbage Rolls CasseroleFrom darmorrow 9 years ago
- 1 lb lean ground hamburger shopping list
- 3/4 cup of uncooked white rice shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 or 2 large cans of diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 large (796 mL) can of tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp dry mustard shopping list
- 2 tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 8 cups of finely chopped cabbage or 1 large head shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl mix beef, rice, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl stir together tomato sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and mustard.
- Layer 1/3 of the cabbage in the bottom of a 3 Liter casserole.
- Arrange half the beef mix on top.
- Pour 1/2 or 1 can of tomatoes on top.
- Layer 1/3 of the cabbage.
- Arrange the remaining hamburger on top.
- Pour the rest of the tomatoes on top.
- Layer the last of the cabbage on top.
- Pour on the tomato sauce mixture but do not stir.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 2 - 2 1/4 hours without stirring.
- To prevent spilling over I put the casserole onto a cookie sheet.
- You have to watch that the bottom of the casserole doesn't burn so don't have the oven rack too close to the bottom of the oven.